Wednesday, June 07, 2006

And so it begins...

Tomorrow is staging in Philadelphia and I find myself running behind schedule as usual. Of course I put off packing to the day before I leave, but it'll all come together at the last minute. For some reason I have a lot more stuff than I thought I had and might even exceed my 80 lbs limit. I really have no idea what to expect when we arrive in Lome and I kinda like it that way. These few days in Philly will be a nice way to meet these crazy people I will be "working" with for the next couple of years and I can already see the ice breaker activities that we'll be subjected to participate in. I should thank Mary here for introducing me to peace corps literature, which has really given me a good indication of what I should expect to be doing and everyday tribal life. We should be hanging around the capital for a few days to see the place and get a feel for urban Togolese life. I'm really excited to leave for our training villages and meet my new host family. I feel like half of my bags are full of gifts and games for them and it should be a lot of fun to sit down and talk to them. Talking thats another issue all together because my french is still sub par and the time I should have been reviewing it, I wasn't. But from what I hear it shouldn't be difficult to pick it back up after a couple of months of intensive language training. I'm pretty sure it will be more helpful than the "intensive" italian instruction in florence^_- This whole blog thing is weird because its almost like I'm rambling on talking to myself, which I do anyway so you think it wouldn't be a new concept to me. But it is. Wow now I really am talking to myself. I should end this now. But I will post some more random musings about my activities and of course pictures!!! Pzzzzout!!!!

9 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laissez les bons temps rouler, mon frere! Ha, you have a blog, and now I can keep tabs. You better update it a lot. Have a good flight!

 
At 12:28 AM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie I am gonna miss you like sooooo much it's not even funny! You are gonna have an awesome experience. I'm gonna check this thing all the time so you better let me know what is going on over there! I miss you already!

 
At 3:04 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie: Good Luck and have fun as well. We'll be keeping in touch with all your activities and thinking about you all the time. What an experience!!! All the best, Anne and Bruce

 
At 7:07 PM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie you suck at updating your blog. It's been more than a week now. I need news. Give me gossip. Tell me about the lack of fat people to laugh at.

 
At 1:05 AM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Willie!!!!! I just e-mailed you but I will write you again. I miss you but I know you're having a great time...you always do. Keep me updated. Love you Willie!!!!

 
At 7:31 PM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So like, Willie, has Togo gone nuts with the World Cup? Don't forget to inflate your ball before trying to use it. Let us hear from you. Food decent? Want some Tabasco sauce to spice things up a bit? Pops

 
At 8:00 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Willie--just short note to wish you well and say that I enjoyed your intro story. Look forward to your next update. BEHAVE YOURSELF--and if you run short of coins--hit up Pops!!! Good luck--Unc Joe

 
At 12:18 AM, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie! Hope you are having fun over there. How's the solar ipod charger working out for you? I hope your dad is sending you enough money. If you need some, let me know. I'll hit him up for you! Hugs, Cuz Em

 
At 3:06 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie--trust this finds you well and "settlin" in OK. By this time you should almost be an old head at this stuff, and quite the man about town. Couldn't tell if you have had a chance to post photos, but would love to see local shots. All here in DC area well and preparing for fall--weather beginning to show some change-before long, snow will be flying in Haymarket and Northern Pennsylvania--BEHAVE yourself!! Best regards. Unc Joe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home